Hello my friends and welcome! Before I begin I wanted to take a moment to say that I hope you are all doing well and finding time to do some of the things you haven’t been able to do during this crazy time in our world. I hope that you are safe and pray we all get through this together. Now lets make a card!
Todays card was a request from my husband. He recently found out a friend of his at work got some terrible health news, unrelated to the COVID-19 virus. “He said to me could you make him a card, I said sure.” “He said, could you make it manly…I laughed.”
This card is so universal that you could turn it into a Birthday card, Congratulations card or any other type of masculine encouragement card. I created a video below, if you want to check it out.
Here are the steps I took to create this card.
- First I trimmed my metallic kraft stock to 4 x 5 1/4 inches
- Next I spritzed each side with one spray of water.
- I then placed the panel into the Tim Holtz 3D Machines Embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot die cutting machine one time.
- Once the panel was embossed I trimmed a 1/2 inch x 4 inch piece of Fabriano Black Black paper and heat embossed my sentiment “I’m here for you” from the Messages for Everyday stamp set by Simon Says Stamp. I used Sterling Embossing powder from Brutus Monroe.
- Once the heat embossing was complete, I took my poker tool to mark where I wanted my holes punched and eyelets added.I used the 1/8th inch hole punch on the We R Memory Keepers Big Bite hole punch/eyelet setter to finish off the banner.
- The final part of the front panel was to die cut the word DUDE. For those letters I used the Momenta alphabet die set that I picked up from Hobby Lobby and cut out 4 layers of black heavyweight card stock and a single layer of Tim Holtz silver metallic kraft stock. For a total of 5 layers.
- After gluing each layer I took my t-ruler and adhered them to my card front with some Art Glitter glue.
For the inside of my card I would normally stamp something from what ever stamp set I used on the outside, but because I used an embossing folder and letter dies there just wasn’t anything to use. Because this was a masculine card and I had used them on the outside, I decided to add eyelets to the corner of my inside layering panels. To give them some interest.
- To start the inside I trimmed an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of Gina K Designs White Layering cardstock down to 4 x11. Then I trimmed the 11 inch side to 5 1/4 and created two panels measuring 4 x 5 1/4.
- Then I took a light silver pen, you could also use a pencil, and placed a small dot on each corner where I wanted the eyelets to go. Now normally I wouldn’t use 2 panels for the inside of my cards, but my husband likes to write on the left side of cards and I like to have a sentiment so I added the additional panel. You do not need to add the additional panel on the left.
- Next I took my big bite and punched 1/8th inch holes on all 4 corners of each panel. I added eyelets to the left panel and before completing the last 4 eyelets on the right panel, I stamped my sentiment using my Couture Creations Stamp Press using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. The sentiment I used “sending you good vibes and positive thoughts” is from the Mama Elephant Just a note stamp set.
To finish up the card…
- I trimmed a piece of fun foam and place some double-sided adhesive to each side of the fun foam.
- I then adhered the fun foam to the back of my embossed panel and adhered the panel to my card base.
- The card base I used is Gina K Designs Stormy Sky card stock 8 1/2 x 11 inch cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inchs side folding A2 size.
- I adhered the two white layering panels to the inside of the card base using 1/2 inch double sided adhesive.
And that completes my card for today. Below you will find a list of products used to create this card. I want to thank you so much for joining me today and I will catch up with you soon.
Gina K Designs Stormy Sky http://shrsl.com/26qxg
Gina K Designs Onyx Black http://shrsl.com/26qxl
Gina K Designs White Layering Cardstock http://shrsl.com/26n3c
Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft stock 3 http://shrsl.com/26qxt
Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft Stock Silver/Gold https://amzn.to/3bsouv1
Mama Elephant Just a Note https://mamaelephant.com/products/just-a-note
Simon Says Stamp Messages for Everyday https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/Simon-Says-Clear-Stamps-MESSAGES-FOR-EVERYDAY-sss101831-Fluttering-By-sss101831
Gina K Designs Embossing and Watermark Ink http://shrsl.com/26n3a
Versafine Clair Nocturne https://fxo.co/8pZy
➡️ Embossing Powder
Brutus Monroe Sterling sterling-metallic-ultra-fine-embossing-powder-by-brutus-monroe http://i.refs.cc/U36axmay?smile_ref=eyJzbWlsZV9zb3VyY2UiOiJzbWlsZV91aSIsInNtaWxlX21lZGl1bSI6IiIsInNtaWxlX2NhbXBhaWduIjoicmVmZXJyYWxfcHJvZ3JhbSIsInNtaWxlX2N1c3RvbWVyX2lkIjo0MjkzMjYwNTJ9
➡️ Embossing Folder
Tim Holtz 3D Mechanics Embossing Folder https://fxo.co/8pW4
➡️ Alphabet Dies